Puzhehei is a multi-culture city with many ethnic minority groups, including the Zhuang, the Miao, the Yi, the Buyi, the Hui, the Yao, and the Bai. The Zhuang and Miao and Yi people are the major groups around Puzhehei area.
- Xianrendong Village in Puzhehei, Wenshan 普者黑仙人洞彝族文化生态村
- Nahong Zhuang Ethnic Village in Puzhehei, Wenshan 那红壮族村
- Caihuaqing Miao Ethnic Village in Puzhehei, Wenshan 普者黑菜花箐苗族生态旅游村
The Zhuang and Miao and Yi people are the major groups around Puzhehei area. They live together harmoniously and retain their cultural legacy and life practices. Varied eating habits, ceremonies, costumes, folk legends and festivals make puzhehei more attractive.
- Yunnan's Painted Face Festival of Yi People 彝族花脸节
- The Torch Festival 火把节
- Naodouyang Festival 闹兜阳
- Sanyuesan Festival of Zhuang People 壮族三月三
- Panwang Festival of Yao People 瑶族盘王节
- Huashan Festival of Miao People 苗族花山节