Yubeng Village Travel Tips
To have a better travel experience in Yubeng village, here are some useful Yubeng village travel tips which may be helpful for your Yubeng hiking tour. When plan your trip to Yubeng village, view our answers to questions about Yubeng travel to get better understanding of Yubeng Village.
Here below are some useful numbers in case the emergency while you are traveling, or have other complaints or questions.
|Deqin Bus Terminal||0887-8413322|
|Telephone Number Inquiry||114|
|Tourism Information Inquiry||0887-8412748|
Best Time to Visit Yubeng Village
The best time to visit Yubeng Village include three time periods, May to July, September to October, and middle October to early November. Each time period in Yubeng can bring you a different experience.
- May-July: The scenery along the way is all green. However, the period during June to July is the rainy season of Yubeng Village so that the mountain road will be tough to go.
- September to October: In August and September, the buckwheat flower is in full bloom. In the middle of September, the Euphorbia flowers turn red. At that time, Yubeng Village will become a sea of flowers, beautiful and picturesque.
- Middle October to Early November: The autumn scenery in Yubeng Village is wonderful because of the golden yellow splendor. Moreover, it's the best time to appreciate Meili Snow Mountain.
What to Pack
The main way to visit Yubeng Village is hiking, so that good hiking outfits are necessary.
- Hiking Backpack: It is essential. You need to carry personal clothing, drinking water, camera and food when you go to the Ice Lake and Sacred Waterfall on foot. 30L-40L hiking bag is enough.
- Waterproof Jacket/Pants: In spring, monolayer waterproof jacket that can breathe is enough. If you go hiking to Yubeng in November, fleece series are necessary.
- Change of Clothes: Quick-drying clothes with short and long sleeves, and sweat absorbing cotton socks. Since you have less time to do laundry on the road and the clothes don't dry easily. You should bring extra clothes.
- Trekking Shoes: Shoes must be completely waterproof. May to October is the rainy season, the mountain road in Yubeng may be full of water from time to time.
- Medicines: Antibiotic drugs, antiviral drug, respiratory medications, digestive medicine, motion sickness drug, antiallergic agent, heatstroke preventive, cold medication, rhodiola rosea and so on. Drugs can be carried selectively according to individual physical conditions and needs.
- Other Articles: Trekking pole, solid food, sleeping bag/tent, hair dryer, camera, cell phone, standby battery, wet tissue, flashlight, water bottle, Id card, sun cream, gloves, cash, toilet articles, waterproof bag, anti-mosquito medicine, etc.
Yubeng Hiking Tips
- Make sure you have enough time. The round trip from Xidang hot spring to Yubeng village will usually need 4 days.
- You are recommended to choose hiking as far as possible, because you can control your time and speed, and it is more convenient to photograph. It takes more time to ride a horse to the destination, because the horse also needs to have a break on the way, and renting a horse is not cheap.
- If there are two people or more wants to ride horse, you need draw lots to decide to ride which horse. No matter what you get, you cannot change your horse by your own; otherwise you may not be able to rent a horse and can cause troubles. This rule made by Tibetans is their own way to ensure fairness and it is useful in many places of Tibet region.
- Respect the local custom: In Yubeng Village, sometimes, you will see the polygamy as a kind of marriage system, that is, women can be married to more than one husband. When you communicate with Tibetans, you must pay attention to their subtle relationship.
- When you pass through the way that has big or small prayer stones, please pass from the left side. And you may see some prayer flags hanging very low, please don't step across but raise them to pass.
- The altitude reaction will be relieved after one or two days. Buttered Tea is helpful to ease up altitude sickness.
- As for food, we suggest that you bring some chocolate and processed meat products. For example, you can buy some dried yak meat in Lijiang and Zhongdian, because fresh meat is not easily available in Yubeng Village, and the daily foods are mainly potatoes, vegetables and eggs. But because of high body consumption, vegetables can't meet your needs.
- Traditional Trekking Route: Xidang-Nanzong Mountain Pass-Upper Yubeng Village-Lower Yubeng Village-Xidang/Ninong.
Because Yubeng village is a small place, there is no Bank. If you have any money exchange needs, please exchange it at the banks in Kunming or Shangri-la in advance.
- Bank of China(Diqing Branch)中国银行迪庆州分行
Address: Chicika Street, Shangri-la, Diqing迪庆州香格里拉市池慈卡街
- Bank of China ATM
Address: No.13, Cangfang Street, Shangri-la, Diqing迪庆州香格里拉市仓房街13号
- Industrial and Commercial Bank of China中国工商银行
Address: No.144, Changzheng Avenue, Shangri-la, Diqing迪庆州香格里拉市长征大道144号
There is no hospital in Yubeng village, so it is necessary to prepare some first-aid medicine before hiking. If the situation is very serious and needs medical treatment, it can only go to the nearest Deqin county for medical treatment. However, because the road condition is not good, it will take some time to reach Deqin county.
- People's Hospital of Deqin County(德钦县人民医院)
Address: Hexiang Middle Road, Deqin County, Diqing Prefecture迪庆州德钦县河香中路
If you want to go to Yubeng Village, you should arrive at Deqin county first. Then, go the starting point of Yubeng hiking (Xidang Village) from Feilaisi or Deqin Bus Terminal.
- Kunming-Yubeng Village Transportation
- Feilaisi/Deqin County-Yubeng Village Transportation
- Shangri-la-Yubeng Village Transportation
Dining and Accommodation
Yubeng village is rich in potatoes, other vegetables are few. Inns in Yubeng have restaurants, there are many dishes, but the price is more expensive. Local villagers usually eat a simple meal of buttered tea, Zanba and potatoes. Those who are not used to the food can bring some food by themselves. Before you get into Yubeng, you can buy some chocolate and processed meat for a rainy day.
The condition of accommodation is not like some hotels in modern cities. There are some wooden guesthouses in Tibetan style which will provide local food for customers. You can also enjoy a grand view of the big mountains. But, Some of the rooms are not equipped with an independent bathroom. In general, Yubeng is a good place for hikers, but you have to put up with the accommodation. In winter, heat blankets are available.
When the weather is clear in Yubeng village, the best places to take photos of Meili Snow Mountain are at Nanzong mountain pass, Colorful Meili Inn and walker's home Inn at the upper Yubeng village, and Shenpu Inn(神瀑客栈) at the lower Yubeng village. The sunshine of the snow mountain is usually at 6:30 am in spring and summer, and 7:30 am in autumn and winter.
Because some of living supplies and food need to be brought into by mule, so that the commodity price is higher in Yubeng Village. A bag of instant noodles may cost 10 to 20 yuan. The price for accommodation ranges from 200 to 300 yuan.
Most of the villagers in Yubeng Village have no formal education and are generally illiterate. Women and children in most cases do not speak mandarin, so it is easier to talk to men. And the people in the inns can speak mandarin, and some can speak some English.
There is signal from Xidang hot spring to Nanzong mountain pass, but after Nanzong mountain pass, the signal is not very good. Fortunately, inns in Yubeng village are basically equipped with WIFI, which makes it easier to access the Internet.
- Yubeng Village Hiking Tour Map
- Equipments for Yubeng Travel
- How to Plan Yunnan Hiking Tour
- How to Plan a Shangri-La Tour
- Travel Tips for Inner Pilgrimage of Meili Snow Mountain
- Can I Take a Tour or Trek to Yubeng Village and Meili Snow Mountain in Winter?