South Yunnan mainly refers to Honghe. Honghe Hani and Yi Autonomous Prefecture, is much alike a piece of green precious stone inlaid at the southernmost end of China. Within Honghe prefecture, there are political, economic, military and cultural center of south Yunnan, Mengzi; the capital of Tin in the world, Gejiu; The core area of Honghe Hani rice terraces, Yuanyang; National famous historic and cultural city, Jianshui; And two national level entry ports, Hekou and Jinshuihe.
Administrative Divisions of Honghe
Honghe Hani and Yi Autonomous Prefecture has jurisdiction over 4 county-level cities, 6 counties and 3 autonomous counties. As follows:
- County-level Cities: Gejiu City(个旧市), Kaiyuan City(开远市), Mengzi City(蒙自市) and Mile City(弥勒市).
- Counties: Jianshui County(建水县), Shiping County(石屏县), Luxi County(泸西县), Yuanyang County(元阳县), Honghe County(红河县) and Lvchun County(绿春县).
- Autonomous Counties: Pingbian Miao Autonomous County(屏边苗族自治县), Jinping Miao, Yao and Dai Autonomous County(金平苗族瑶族傣族自治县) and Hekou Yao Autonomous County(河口瑶族自治县).
Top Attractions in Honghe
Honghe is one of the important tourist destinations in Yunnan. There are various types of tourist spots in Honghe, including rice terraces, lakes, historical relics, nature reserves, etc. The top sights are Honghe Hani rice terraces and Jianshui Old Town. For more information, see the list below.
- Honghe Hani Rice Terraces
- Jianshui Old Town
- Yuanyang Hani Rice Terraces
- Jianshui Zhu Family Garden
- Jianshui Confucius Temple
- Alu Cave in Luxi County
- Jianshui Swallow Cave
- Shadian Grand Mosque