Yunnan Travel in April
April is a golden period for traveling in Yunnan as the temperature is comfortable and it is not yet the rainy season. The sceneries of Kunming, Lijiang, and Shangri-La are beautiful, Bamei Village in Guangnan County also provides you with fairyland scenery. It is also the best time to hike Tiger Leaping Gorge.
Yunnan Travel Weather and Climate in April
Normally, Spring is from March to May, which is one of the best time to visit Yunnan. When you travel Yunnan in April during Spring Period, the temperature is from 8˚C – 20˚C and changes largely from day to night, so you should take sweater, light coat to keep warm.
Yunnan Temperature in April
Generally speaking, Yunnan enjoys a mild climate with pleasant weather but, due to its varied terrain, the weather is also diverse in different regions. In April, temperature ranges from 24 °C (75 °F) to 10 °C (50 °F) in Kunming, and from 8°C (46°F) to 20°C (68°F) in Lijiang, and from 18.9°C (66°F) to 34.4°C (94°F) in Xishuangbanna, and from 23°C (73°F) to 10°C (50°F) in Dali.
What to Wear for Yunnan Travel in April
Take long-sleeved clothes, sweater and light coat with you, even on the hottest days as there will be large temperature difference between day and night. Moreover, an umbrella is useful on both sunny and occasional rainy days.
Yunnan Weather and Climate by Month
Things to Do for Yunnan Travel in April
April is a good time to enjoy the beautiful scenery in Kunming, Lijiang, and Shangri-La. It is also the best time to hike Tiger Leaping Gorge. Three Parallel Rivers Tours are recommended for you to visit th highlights of the above. Bamei Village in Guangnan County also provides you with fairyland scenery.
- Visual Feast of Flowers: cherry blossoms, magnolia flowers and camellia flowers are the highlight in spring, Cherry Blossoms Valley of Wuliangshan Mountain and Cangshan Mountain in Dali are the best places to capture the picturesque scenery. Streets in Kunming city are also decorated by winter cherry blossoms and magnolia flowers, apart from those in Kunming Zoo and the Golden Temple Park. Moreover, March to April is also the best time the appreciate the reepseed flowers in Luoping. Vast stretches of reepseed flowers leap to your eyes. You will also marvle at the alpine azalea blossoming in Shangri-la. Needless to say, March is the best for Photograph Tours of Yunan Travel. Kunming Night Tour to Dounan Fresh-cut Flowers Market is designed for you ones who have only a few hours for flower travel.
- Tiger Leaping Gorge Hiking: With favourable weather and road condition, Tiger Leaping Gorge Hiking Tours are recommended if you travel to Yunnan in April. Tiger Leaping Gorge Hiking Tour Packages are usually arranged with destinations like Lijiang and Shangri-La. Thus you may have the chance to view the Jade Dragon Snow Mountain and Lijiang Ancient Town. Or you can trek along the gorge to Haba Snow Mountain in Shangri-La.
- Water Splashing Festival: Apart from the Sanyuejie Festival of Bai ethnic group in Dali, Water Splashing Festival of Dai ethnic people celebrated in Xishuangbanna is the highlight of April festivals. Join in the Eastern Carnival” and enjoy yourself in the grand party.
- Tea Culture Tours: Yunnan Tea Culture Tours can be planned in April, so that you can taste the first fresh of the spring tea. Moreover, the weather is fine and the road condition to tea mountains is favourable.
Places to Visit for Yunnan Travel in April
- Erhai Lake
- Lugu Lake
- Tiger Leaping Gorge
- Dali Ancient Town
- Jiaozi Snow Mountain
- Lijiang Ancient Town
- Songzanlin Monastery
- Cangshan Mountain
- Nujiang Canyon
- Menglun Botanical Garden
- Dai Minority Garden
- Wild Elephant Valley
- Kunming Zoo
- The Golden Temple Park
- Yuanyang Rice Terraces
- Meili Snow Mountain
- Haba Snow Mountain
Yunnan Festivals and Events by Month
Travel Tips for Yunnan Travel in April
- The sunshine in Yunnan is too strong during the day that you’d better take your sunscreen and sunglasses.
- You should drink more water, eat more fruit, and prevent dehydration.
- Yunnan is a province with more minority nationalities. Please respect the living habits and customs of the minority nationalities.
- Get ready for your Visa, and do remember your passport.
- Prepare for your SIM card to make sure the internet use in China.
- Take some medicine with you for emergency use, especially if you are easy to get altitude sickness.
- Bring sunscreen, sunglasses and hats for the strong ultraviolet ray on the plateau.
- Don’t forget your umbrella and rain gear during the rainy seasons.
- Pack suitable clothes, windproof jacket and thick coat are suggested, outdoor clothing will be good.