Yunnan Travel in September
With pleasant weather, clear blue sky and moderate breeze, Yunnan Travel in September will give early autumn scenery. Without crowds of student tour groups, it is easier and more enjoyable touring the attractions.
Yunnan Travel Weather and Climate in September
When you visit Yunnan in September, Yunnan has the subtropical monsoon climate with large daily temperature difference and clear dry and wet seasons. Autumn is one of the peak seasons for Yunnan travel, not only for the weather is becoming cool, but also to appreciate the golden nature.
Yunnan Temperature in September
Generally speaking, Yunnan enjoys a mild climate with pleasant weather but, due to its varied terrain, the weather is also diverse in different regions. In September, the average temperature ranges from 14–22°C (57–72°F) in Kunming, and from 12–21°C (54–70°F) in Lijiang and Shangri-La, and from 20.6°C (69°F) to 30°C (86°F) in Xishuangbanna, and from 24°C (75°F) to 14°C (57°F) in Dali.
What to Wear for Yunnan Travel in September
The average temperature in daytime is around 20 ˚C so you can wear some casual clothes. Remember to take thick sweaters and jackets. Also take protective skin care products, sunglasses, or a cap to shield your head from the sun.
Yunnan Weather and Climate by Month
Things to Do for Yunnan Travel in September
You can enjoy more sunny days in autumn. It is another golden period for traveling in Yunnan. In Lijiang’s countryside, you have the chance to see a great view of the harvest. Autumn is also the best time for admiring the colorful scenery in Shangri-La and for hiking in Tiger Leaping Gorge.
- Nujiang Grand Canyon: Nujiang Grand Canyon in autumn offer you golden magnificent scenery, with spectacular Nujiang Grand Canyon and the roaring Nujiang River thrill, decorated with forests along the river sides. Hiking tours to Bingzhongluo and Qiunatong are the popular routes among tourists.
- Moonlight over Erhai Lake: If you visit Erhai Lake in Dali around the full moon days, you will enjoy the charming moonlight over the Erhai Lake.
- Dongchuan Red Land Photography Tour: September is another best time for Dongchuan Red Land Photography Tour, you may catch the colorful and breath-taking landscape of the redland.
- Yuanmou Earth Forest: Yuanmou Earth Forest in Chuxiong looks like an immense forest and the main component is earth, so it is named Earth Forest. The whole landscapes of the Yuanmou Earth Forest are mainly castle, screen, curtain and column, of which the highest is about 40 meters. The shapes of the Earth Forest look like vivid figures and animals when people look at them closely.
- Huijie Festival of Achang: Huijie Festival of Achang is a religion celebration. During the holiday, the main activities includeplayingwhite elephant and black dragon dance.The white elephants and black dragons are made by handicraftsmen in the villages, who use bamboo as the frames, paper as body cover and cloth as trunk.
Places to Visit for Yunnan Travel in September
- Erhai Lake
- Lugu Lake
- Tiger Leaping Gorge
- Pudacuo National Park
- Dali Ancient Town
- Lijiang Ancient Town
- Yuanmou Earth Forest
- Jade Dragon Snow Mountain
- Nujiang Grand Canyon
- Dai Minority Garden
Yunnan Festivals and Events by Month
Travel Tips for Yunnan Travel in September
- The sunshine in Yunnan is too strong during the day that you’d better take your sunscreen and sunglasses.
- Yunnan is a province with more minority nationalities. Please respect the living habits and customs of the minority nationalities.
- Get ready for your Visa, and do remember your passport.
- Prepare for your SIM card to make sure the internet use in China.
- Take some medicine with you for emergency use, especially if you are easy to get altitude sickness.
- Bring sunscreen, sunglasses and hats for the strong ultraviolet ray on the plateau.
- Don’t forget your umbrella and rain gear during the rainy seasons.
- Pack suitable clothes, windproof jacket and thick coat are suggested, outdoor clothing will be good.
- Bring mosquito repellent liquid with you if you visit the rain forest or remote villages.