Yunnan Travel in July
It may be crowded to visit Yunnan in July, as the students in China have their summer holidays in July and August. July is also the busy season for Yunnan Travel.
Yunnan Travel Weather and Climate in July
From June to late September is the Summer time when the temperature reaches highest over 30 ˚C among the year, but not stiflingly hot with so much rain in this season. When you travel to Yunnan in July during Summer period. The temperature difference is not as big as it is in spring but, on rainy days, you may still experience a temperature drop of 10°C in one day.
Yunnan Temperature in July
Generally speaking, Yunnan enjoys a mild climate with pleasant weather but, due to its varied terrain, the weather is also diverse in different regions. In July, the average temperature ranges from 24 °C (75 °F) to 17 °C (63 °F) in Kunming, and from 23°C (73°F) to 15°C (59°F) in Lijiang, and from 22.8°C (73°F) to 31.7°C (89°F) in Xishuangbanna, and from 24°C (75°F), while to 17°C (63°F) in Dali.
What to Wear for Yunnan Travel in July
T-shirt, short pants, skirt are daily dresses. Take long-sleeved clothes with you, even on the hottest days, since you may still experience a temperature drop of 10°C on rainy days. Moreover, an umbrella is useful on both sunny and rainy days.
Yunnan Weather and Climate by Month
Things to Do for Yunnan Travel in July
July and August form the rainy season as well as the peak season. The prices of attractions and hotels rise, and there are more travelers. However, more rainfall increases the water flow in rivers and lakes, and the scenery around Kunming and Lijiang is more impressive. With the warm weather, July is the best time to vist Lijiang, the snow mountain travel seems friendly for those are afraid of cold.
- Visual Feast of Lotus: If you travel to Yunnan in late June, you shouldn’t miss the lotus blossoms in Puzhehei. You can join our Puzhehei Lotus Flowers Tour and Bamei Xanadu Discovery for highlight travel.
- River Rafting Adventure: Hot summer isn’t complete without water sports. Our River Rafting Tours are recommended to enjoy yourselves on the rafting trip on upper Yangtze River, The First Bend of Yangtze River and cruise on Mekong River, etc.
- Torch Festival: July welcomes the grand celebration of Yi ethnic group: Torch Festival. Most areas of Yunnan join in this grand festival, such as Honghe, Kunming, Chuxiong and Wenshan, etc. You will have the chance to join the party if you travel to those places on that big day.
Places to Visit for Yunnan Travel in July
- Bamei Village
- Weixi County
- Wengding Village
- Lugu Lake
- Tiger Leaping Gorge
- Dali Ancient Town
- Lijiang Ancient Town
- Jade Dragon Snow Mountain
- Premival Forest Park
- Napahai Lake
- Qianhu Mountain
- Fuxian Lake
Yunnan Festivals and Events by Month
Travel Tips for Yunnan Travel in July
- The sunshine in Yunnan is too strong during the day that you’d better take your sunscreen and sunglasses.
- Yunnan is a province with more minority nationalities. Please respect the living habits and customs of the minority nationalities.
- Get ready for your Visa, and do remember your passport.
- July is the peak season in Yunnan, please make your hotel reservations in advance.
- Prepare for your SIM card to make sure the internet use in China.
- Take some medicine with you for emergency use, especially if you are easy to get altitude sickness.
- Bring sunscreen, sunglasses and hats for the strong ultraviolet ray on the plateau.
- Don’t forget your umbrella and rain gear during the rainy seasons.
- Pack suitable clothes, windproof jacket and thick coat are suggested, outdoor clothing will be good.
- Bring mosquito repellent liquid with you if you visit the rain forest or remote villages.