West Yunnan mainly refers to Dali, Nujiang, Baoshan and Dehong. Enjoying long history, Dali is one of the earliest cradle of Yunnan culture and has created glorious Dali Kingdom. Nujiang iss the only autonomous prefecture of Lisu ethnic minority in China. Baoshan is located in the west of Yunnan, bordering Burma to the northwest and south. Dehong offers the charming natural scenery and the superior climatic conditions. Local people forget the hustle and bustle of the city, enjoy the nature and appreciate the minority customs.
Administrative Divisions of Dali
Dali Bai Autonomous Prefecture has jurisdiction over 1 county-level city, 8 counties and 3 autonomous counties.
- 1 County-level City: Dali City(大理市)
- 8 Counties: Xiangyun County(祥云县), Binchuan County(宾川县), Midu County(弥渡县), Yongping County(永平县), Yunlong County(云龙县), Eryuan County(洱源县), Jianchuan County(剑川县), Heqing County(鹤庆县),
- 3 Autonomous Counties: Yangbi Yi Autonomous County(漾濞彝族自治县), Nanjian Yi Autonomous County(南涧彝族自治县), Weishan Yi and Hui Autonomous County(巍山彝族回族自治县)
Top Attractions in Dali
Dali, a place with long history, is always a heaven for many people all over the world. Dali is also a perfect destination for people who want to seek antiquity or explore the fascinating natural sceneries. When you come to Dali, the top attractions in Dali are must-visit.
- Erhai Lake
- Cangshan Mountain, Dali
- Three Pagodas and Chongsheng Monastery
- Shaxi Old Town
- Dali Ancient Town
- Xizhou Old Town
- Weishan Ancient Town
- Nuodeng Old Town in Yunlong County
- Jinhua Old Town in Jianchuan County, Dali
- Butterfly Spring in Dali City
- Jizu Mountain in Binchuan County
- Shibao Mountain in Jianchuan County
Administrative Divisions of Nujiang
Nujiang Lisu Autonomous Prefecture has jurisdiction over 1 city, 1 county and 2 autonomous counties. Its government is located in Liuku Town of Lushui City.
- One City: Lushui City (泸水市)
- One County: Fugong County (福贡县)
- Two Autonomous Counties : Gongshan Dulong and Nu Autonomous County (贡山独龙族怒族自治县), Lanping Bai and Pumi Autonomous County (兰坪白族普米族自治县)
Top Attractions in Nujiang
Nujiang attractions feature in the grand and magnificent scenery of the Nujiang River and Grand Canyon, mountainous landscape along the river and the ethnic cultures. Travelers to Nujiang can join in a hiking tour along the Nujiang Grand Canyon to have a site-watch of the master works of the nature, such as the Stone Moon and Pihe Flying Stone. Winter cheery blossoming in Bingzhongluo Scenic Area is also a great temptation to tourists, especially to the photographers. Check more by the following links.
- The First Bend of Nujiang River
- Nujiang Grand Canyon
- Bingzhongluo Scenic Area
- Stone Moon
- Three Parallel Rivers Natural Reserve
- Lamadeng Valley of Nujiang River
Administrative Divisions of Baoshan
Baoshan City has jurisdiction over 1 district, 1 county-level city, 3 counties, 2 subdistricts, 24 towns, and 46 townships(including 11 ethnic townships). The city government sits in Longyang district.
- 1 District: Longyang District(隆阳区)
- 1 County-level city: Tengchong City(腾冲市)
- 3 Counties: Shidian County(施甸县), Longling County(龙陵县), Changning County(昌宁县)
Top Attractions in Baoshan
Travel along the Yunnan-Burma highway and explore every historic site of Southwest Silk Road, you would be amazed by the fabulous landscape and splendid culture, such as Tengchong Volcano Geological Park with mountains and gorges spreading out the land, Tengchong Volcano Hot Sea, Tengchong Heshun Old Town and Longjiang Bridge. Take a enjoyable bath in Hot Sea, or immerse yourself in Heshun old town to discover the traditional culture of Baoshan.
- Tengchong Volcano Geological Park
- Rehai Hot Spring
- Tengchong Heshun Old Town
- Gaoligongshan National Natural Reserve
- Longjiang Bridge
- Songshan Battlefield
- Jiangdong Gingko Village in Tengchong
Administrative Divisions of Dehong
Dehong Dai and Jingpo Autonomous Prefecture covers 2 cities and 3 counties. Its government seat is located in Mangshi City.
- 2 Cities: Mangshi City(芒市), Ruili City(瑞丽市)
- 3 Counties: Longchuan County(陇川县), Lianghe County(梁河县), Yingjiang County(盈江县)
Top Attractions in Dehong
When you travel to Dehong prefecture, it is highly recommended to pay a visit to the famous One Tree Forest, Moli Tropical Rainforest, Ruili River and Moli Waterfall, you will feast your eyes on the charming and pleasant scenery. Ethnic culture exploration to ethnic villages (Dadenghan Dai Village ), religion culture tour to local temples and frontier culture experience to the border port or border towns are also the hot tours in Dehong.
- Mangling One Tree Forest
- Tongbiguan King Banyan Tree
- Jiegao Jade Town in Ruili City
- Moli Tropical Rainforest
- A Village in Two Countries
- Ruili Tourist Jewelry Street
- Mangshi Jewelry Town
- Bianzhai Hansha Scenic Area
- Mengba Naxi Rare Park
- Ruili River
- Moli Waterfall