Highways in Yunnan
Highways in Yunnan cover the whole province, with a total mileage of 3255 kilometers. After the opening of the Suolongsi to Pingyuanjie Expressway, Luofu Expressway, the first between Yunnan and Guangxi Province was put into operation in October 2007. It has made material and passenger transportation between the two provinces much more convenient. Moreover, Luofu Expressway has also become the main road from Yunnan to Guangxi and the coastal ports. Luofu Expressway begins from the crossroads of Luo Village between Yunnan and Guangxi Provinces and ends at Funing County of Wenshan State. The total length of the expressway is 79.3 kilometers which has shortened the commute between Yunnan and Guangxi from the previous 3 and half hours to just 50 minutes.
National Highways in Yunnan
7 National Roads (National Road 108, 213, 214, 320, 321, 323 and 326) and 61 provincial roads radiate from Kunming to major cities in Yunnan and other provinces or even abroad.
- China National Highway 108
- China National Highway 213
- China National Highway 214
- China National Highway 320
- China National Highway 323
- China National Highway 324
- China National Highway 326
National Road 108: From Panzhihua of Sichuan into Yunnan, cross Yongren, Yuanmou and Wuding to Kunming, it covering 278 km.
National Road 213: From Yibin of Sichuan to Yunnan, cross Zhaotong, Kunming, Yuxi and Simao to Xishuangbanna, it covering 1,581 km. Now this road has been built to Simao and will soon to Jinghong. It will pass Laos and finally get to Bangkok of Thailand, which will become a more convenient passage to ASEAN (Association of Southeast Asian Nations).
National Road 214: National Road 214 crosses Yunnan from the south to the north, via Xishuangbanna, Lincang, Dali, Lijiang, Diqing to Tibet, covering 1,418 km. And expressway has been built from Dali to Lijiang.
National Road 320: National Road 320 cross Yunnan from the east to the west, via Qujing, Kunming, Chuxiong, Dali, Baoshan, Luxi to Ruili on the China-Myanmar border, covering 1,030 km. And the part of Qujing-Kunming-Dali is expressway.
National Road 323: From Baise of Guangxi into Yunnan, cross Yanshan, Kaiyuan, Jianshui, Yuanjiang, Pu’er to Lincang, it covering 928 km.
- ChuGuang Expressway
- Tongjian Expressway
- YuLin Expressway
- Lijiang – Shangrila Expressway
- S23 Pingwen Expressway
- Funing-Longliu Expressway
- S10 Baoshan–Tengchong Expressway
- S27 Expressway (Xiaotuanshan – Chengjiang)
- How to Drive to Yunnan
- Road Conditions in China
- Yunnan Self-Driving Travel Guide
- Road Condition from Yunnan to Tibet
- Bing-cha-cha Road between Yunnan and Tibet
- How to Get to Yunnan From Neighbouring Countries
- Road Condition to Dali, Lijiang and Shangri-La
- Road Condition to Yuxi, Puer and XishuangBanna
- Road Condition from Kunming to Stone Forest, Jianshui and Yuanyang Hani Rice Terraces