4 Days Shangri-La City Tour
Shangri-La (formerly Zhongdian), an ethnic Tibetan township and county set high in Yunnan’s north-western mountains, This 4-day Shangri-La(Zhongdian, Yunnan) tour takes you to visit the top attractions of Shangri-La: Ganden...
Code of Tour: YET0000003573
Length of Travel: 4 Day
Destinations of Tour: Shangri-La
Departure City: Shangri-La
Price of Tour: Request
Type of Tour:
Features of Tour: Nature Landscape Mountains
Shangri-La (formerly Zhongdian), an ethnic Tibetan township and county set high in Yunnan’s north-western mountains, This 4-day Shangri-La(Zhongdian, Yunnan) tour takes you to visit the top attractions of Shangri-La: Ganden Sumtseling Monastery, the tranquil Bita Lake and Shudu Lake in Pudacuo National Park, Dukezong Old Town and Shika Snow Mountain Scenic Area. You’ll find it an art eutopia, a peaceful place amidst splendor and uproar of the city, a pure land of art.
- Step into Ganden Sumtseling Monastery to experience dignified aesthetic implication of Buddhism.
- Explore Climbing Tour in Shika Snow Mountain Scenic Area.
- Breathe in a primitive national park as well as the first national park in China – Pudacuo National Park.
- Day 1: Shangri-La Arrival
- Day 2: Shangri-La
- Day 3: Shangri-La
- Day 4: Shangri-La Departure
Day 1 Arrival Shangri-La
Sightseeing and Activities:Arrival Shangri- La
Arrive at Shangri-La airport, pick up from exit, then move to check in your hotel.
Day 2 Shangri-La
Sightseeing and Activities: Ganden Sumtseling Monastery, Pudacuo National Park, Dekezong Old Town
Meals: Breakfast and Lunch
In the morning, visit the Ganden Sumtseling Monastery, the largest Tibetan monastery in Yunnan. Songzanlin Monastery has another alias – ‘the little Potala Palace ‘, so named because the whole monastery is in the traditional style with mysterious atmosphere. And afterwards you’ll visit the tranquil Bita Lake & Shudu Lake in Pudacuo National Park, which is located in one of the most biologically-diverse regions of the world. While the region comprises only 0.7 percent of China’s land area, it contains more than 20 percent of the country’s plant species, about one-third of its mammal and bird species and almost 100 endangered species.
Visit Dukezong Old Town in the late afternoon, climb up to the top of Guishan Hill or tortoise Hill, you will see the largest Prayer Wheel of the world and have a panoramic view of shangrila county and Dukezong Ancient Town.
Day 3 Shangri-La
Sightseeing and Activities: Shika Snow Mountain
Meals: Breakfast and Lunch
Today, you will have a tour of Shika Snow Mountain Scenic Area, which is located 7 kilometers southwest Gyanthang Town of Shangri-La County. With its highest altitude being 4,449 meters above the sea level, this area covers 65 square kilometers; and its elevation drop is 1,179 meters. Due to the high attitude and vertical climate, we could appreciate various alpine and sub-alpine landforms and vegetation. In the cable car we can have a wonderful birds-eye view of Gyanthang(the Old Town of Shangri-La), the Ganden-Songzanlin Monastery, Napa Lake and Shangri-La Airport.
After the tour , move back to your hotel. Free at leisure the rest time of the day.
Day 4 Shangri-La Departure
Sightseeing and Activities:Shangri-La Departure
Free at leisure before be transferred to Shangri-La airport for your departure flight. Service ends.
|Destination||5 Star||4 Star||3 Star||Hostels|
|Shangri-La||Blossom Hill Inn Shangri-La||Shangri-La Old Town Hotel||Bodhi Boutique Inn||Hanting Hotel|
- Admission fees for all of the sightseeing spots listed in the itinerary;
- Meals as listed in the itinerary;
- Hotels as listed in the itinerary;
- Private English-speaking tour guide;
- Private vehicle for transfers & sightseeing with skilled driver;
- Service charge & government taxes;
- Luggage transfers between airports and hotels.
- Any arrival and departure international airfares or train tickets;
- Chinese visa fees;
- Excess baggage charged by Airlines;
- Single room supplement;
- Tips to guides and drivers;
- Personal expenses and gratuities to service staff;
- Personal travel accident insurance;
- All optional programs.