2 Days Jianshui Ancient Architecture Tour from Kunming
With a history for about 1200 years and distinguished cultural heritages, Jianshui Old Town has gained a great reputation as a ‘Museum of Ancient Buildings and Residential Houses’ and attracts a lot...
Code of Tour: YET0000012841
Length of Travel: 2 Day
Destinations of Tour: Kunming-Tonghai-Jianshui-Kunming
Departure City: Kunming
Price of Tour: Request
Type of Tour:
Features of Tour: Culture History Ancient towns
With a history for about 1200 years and distinguished cultural heritages, Jianshui Old Town has gained a great reputation as a ‘Museum of Ancient Buildings and Residential Houses’ and attracts a lot of visitors at home and abroad each year. 2 Days tour will be enough to visit the most famous ancient architectures in Jianshui and other famous buildings on the way.
- View the diverse ancient architectures and featured Confucius temple and mosque.
- Lost in the ancient town to know more about the profound history of Jianshui County.
- Experience the ethnic culture and local life in Tuanshan Village.
- Day 1 Kunming-Tonghai-Jianshui
- Day2 Jianshui-Kunming
Day 1 Kunming-Tonghai-Jianshui
Sightseeing and Activities: Ximeng Mongolian Village, Shuanglong Bridge, Tuanshan Village, Garden of Family Zhang, Jianhsui Old Town
Meals: Breakfast, lunch
Drive to Jianshui. On the way, have a stop at Tonghai County. Visit Xingmeng Mongolian Village. Then transfer to Jianshui Couty. Visit Shuanglong Birdge andTuanshan Village as well as the Garden of Family Zhang in Tuanshan Village. Tuanshan Village is a rare surviving example of an intact-albeit neglected-traditional walled Yunnan village compound in southwestern China, and has been added to the 2005 list of internationally significant sites by the World Memorial Fund for Architecture (WMF), an international fund for the protection of world heritage sites. Later , you’ll visit the Jianshui Old Town and the Chaoyang Gateway Tower, which was built in Ming Dynasty (1389). It is also known as ‘Miniature Tian’an men’ because the out shape of it is similar to Tian’anmen Square in Beijing.
Day 2 Jianshui-Kunming
Sightseeing and Activities: Confucius Temple, Zhu Family Garden, Jianshui Touring Train, Yunnan meter-gauge railway
In the morning, visit the Confucius Temple, which has a history of 700 years. It is the second largest Confucius Temple in China. Then you’ll take the Jianshui Touring Train to visit Tuanshan Village, Shuanglong Bridge and the Garden of Family Zhang. Tuanshan Village is a rare surviving example of an intact-albeit neglected-traditional walled Yunnan village compound in southwestern China, and has been added to the 2005 list of internationally significant sites by the World Memorial Fund for Architecture (WMF), an international fund for the protection of world heritage sites.
The Yunnan meter-gauge railway evolved from the historical Yunnan-Vietnam Railway and Gebi Linping inch-gauge railways. It has passed through 3 centuries and has been in operation for more than 100 years. It carries the special historical memories of China, France, and Vietnam. It is an important historical and cultural site. The Jianshui Sightseeing Train is now a special tourist train: it departs from Lin’an Station, which is close to Jianshui Ancient Town, passes through “Double Dragon Bridges” and “Xianghui Bridge Station”, ends at “Tuanshan Village” Station, and then returns on the same route.
The Meter-gauge railway also draws attention points. This 1177 meters long Meter-gauge railway is a legendary road that connects the cities, villages of Yunnan, such as Gejiu, Mengzi, Jianshui and Shipin. One of the earliest private railways in China was built in 1915 in Yunnan. It was an Narrow-Gauge railway originally. In 1970, it was reconstructed and changed from an Narrow-gauge railway to a mete-gauge railway. It’s an important industrial heritage of China and a “living fossil” of the world’s narrow-gauge railway.
Transfer back to Kunming in the afternoon.
|Destination||5 Star||4 Star||3 Star|
|Jianshui||Lin’an Hotel||Fuyuan Hotel||Hong Mantian Hotel|
- Admission fees for all of the sightseeing spots listed in the itinerary;
- Accommodation with breakfast as listed in the itinerary;
- Private English-speaking tour guide and vehicle for transfers & sightseeing;
- Service charge & government taxes;
- Luggage transfers between airports and hotels;
- Two bottles of mineral water each day;
- Meals as listed in the itinerary.
- Any arrival and departure international airfares or train tickets;
- Chinese visa fees;
- Excess baggage charged by Airlines;
- Single room supplement;
- Tips to guides and drivers;
- Personal expenses and gratuities to service staff;
- Personal travel insurance;
- All optional programs.
- Visitors are advised to always carry changes of clothing due to the large variations in temperature between day and night.
- The climate is relatively dry, so drink more water every day.
- Protecting oneself from strong UV radiation at high altitude.
- Protecting oneself from altitude sickness. Lessen the effects of altitude sickness, avoid strenuous exercise and have plenty of rest.
- Respect local customs , habits, and religious beliefs.
- When take photos, please pay attention to your safety, do not shoot in dangerous areas.