This part mainly introduces Puer Transportation in detail, which help you choose the best way to get to Puer. Pu'er City is located in the southwest of Yunnan Province. It is located between 22°02′—24°50′ north latitude and 99°09′—102°19′ east longitude. It is adjacent to Honghe and Yuxi in the east, Xishuangbanna in the south, Dali and Chuxiong in the north. It is bordered by Vietnam and Laos in the southeast and Myanmar in the southwest. Puer City was once an important station on the Ancient Tea-Horse Road. As one of the most famous tourist destinations in Yunnan Travel, Puer has the very convenient transportation that people can get there by air and long-distance bus.
How to Get to Puer
In Puer, there are two airports, namely, Puer Simao Airport, Lancang Jingmai Airport. Lancang Jingmai Airport is located in Donghui Town, Lancang County, Puer. Direct flights to Simao District from Kunming, Beijing, Chongqing, Changsha, Dali, Chengdu, Lincang, Guiyang, etc. are available. Flights to Lancang Jingmai Airport are almost from Kunming Changshui International Airport.
Puer Simao Airport
Lancang Jingmai Airport
Puer Simao Airport
The airport has opened buses from the airport to the downtown of Puer City, which takes about 1 yuan. The passengers can reach the downtown of Puer City by taxi, which takes about 10-20 yuan.the price is between 10-20 yuan.
Lancang Jingmai Airport
According to the flight schedule, there are buses from the Lancang Bus Station, Menglian Bus Station and Ximeng Bus Station to and from the airport every day.
Pu'er Railway Station is the middle station of the Yumo Railway under construction and an important station for the Laos section of the Trans-Asian Railway. It is expected to be put into use by 2020.
In Yunnan, long-distance buses are the main transportation method. Of course, the same applies to Puer. There are 1 first-class passenger station, 8 second-class passenger stations, 4 third-class passenger stations, 11 county-level passenger stations, 42 rural passenger stations, and 24 passenger stations above the county level in Puer. It is convenient to get to Puer by long-distance bus.
Main Bus Stations in Puer
Puer Bus Station(普洱客运站)
Add: No. 148 Zhenxing Avenue, Puer City, Yunnan Province(云南省普洱市振兴大道148号)
Jiangcheng Bus Station(江城客运站)
Add: Jiangcheng County, Puer City, Yunnan Province(云南省普洱市江城)
Simao Bus Station(思茅汽车客运站)
Add: Wuyi Road, Puer City, Yunnan Province(云南省普洱市五一路)
Puer Port is one of the open ports in Pu'er City, Yunnan Province. The port is 87 kilometers away from the land route of Simao District and 85 kilometers away from the waterway of Jinghong City. It is the first port of the Lancang-Mekong River International Shipping in China. The waterway along the Lancang-Mekong River can reach Lao, Myanmar, Thailand, Cambodia and Vietnam, which is the important transportation hub on the Lancang River.
- Dali to Puer Bus Schedule and Bus Tickets Booking
- Kunming to Puer Bus Schedule and Tickets Booking
- G8511 Kunming–Mohan Expressway
- Kunming-Puer Transportation
- How to Get to Ninger from Jinghong
- How to Get to Ninger from Kunming
- How to Get to Menglian from Kunming
- How to Get to Lancang from Kunming
- How to Get to Jinghong from Puer
- How to Get to Jinggu from Kunming
- How to Get to Jingdong County from Kunming
- How to Get to Jiangcheng from Jinghong
- How to Get to Jiangcheng from Lvchun County
- How to Get to Jiangcheng from Kunming
- How to Get to Simao District from Jinghong
- How to Get to Simao District from Kunming
- How to Get to Ximeng County from Kunming
How to Get Around Puer
Renting a car is suitable for a flexible and comfortable way. If there are enough people in your group to share the expenses, it is better for you to rent a car with an experienced driver and a tour guide if you are foreign travelers. If you want to have more fun on the way, renting a car is highly recommended way. The driver of chartering car can stop for you to enjoy the scenery and take photos. But a tourist bus will not stop on the way.
By Taxi or Didi
Taxi travel has greatly facilitated our lives. The image of a taxi also represents the external image of a city. For tourists, it is easy to visit any places of a city.
Didi Chuxing Technology Co., (stylized DiDi, 滴滴出行), formerly Didi Kuaidi (滴滴快的), is a global transportation company headquartered in Beijing. The company provides app-based transportation services, including taxi hailing, private car hailing, social ride-sharing and bike sharing; on-demand delivery services; and automobile services, including sales, leasing, financing, maintenance, fleet operation, electric vehicle charging and co-development of vehicles with automakers. Just download a DiDi App, then just input the address where you go and where you're in, and submit the order, finally there is a driver to pick you up to your destination.
There are over 100 buses in Puer. To some extent, it is convenient to get around Puer in a economic way and can experience the local culture in the most direct manner.
If you want to take a short-distance trip, bike is a good choice. Bikes are also available in Puer City. Bikes vary greatly in quality so shop around for the best deal. Merida and Giant are among the better brands to consider. Puer Cycling Tours are the best choice for you.
- How to Get to Ninger County from Simao District
- How to Get to Menglian County from Simao District
- How to Get to Lancang County from Simao District
- How to Get to Jinggu County from Simao District
- How to Get to Jingdong County from Simao District
- How to Get to Jiangcheng County from Simao District
- How to Get to Zhenyuan County from Simao District
- Ximeng County Transportation
- Simao District Transportation
- Ninger County Transportation
- Mojiang County Transportation
- Jingdong County Transportation
- Jinggu County Transportation
- Zhenyuan County Transportation
- Lancang County Transportation
- Menglian County Transportation
- Jiangcheng County Transportation
- Jingmai Transportation
- Baoshan Transportation
- Chuxiong Transportation
- Kunming Transportation
- Dehong Transportation
- Diqing Transportation
- Honghe Transportation
- Dali Transportation
- Lincang Transportation
- Nujiang Transportation
- Pu'er Transportation
- Qujing Transportation
- Wenshan Transportation
- Xishuangbanna Transportation
- Yuxi Transportation
- Zhaotong Transportation